Sign-up to get The Building Character -- Activity Book (with Sam and Izzy)

Danny Pettry's Special Offer for Teachers
Danny Pettry Click Here to Access 12 FREE Activity Books and a $5 Off Danny's Book!

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

25 Manners Every Kid Should Know!

My good friend and cousin Tracy (a Physical Therapist) and mother of two wonderful boys had posted a link on her facebook called “25 manners every child should know by age 9.”

I enjoyed the list.

I provide services for children (ages 7 to 12) at a residential treatment facility. The age “9” is about the average age.

Many of the children who I provide services for have a need for social skills training. I’m going to share the list of 25 manners with the children who I provide services for.

I do my best to role model all of these manners (social skills) when interacting with the children.

The Benefits for Using Manners:
Several leading experts like Daniel Goleman argue that emotional and social intelligence will be a far greater predictor of future success compared to IQ.

Anyone who has children or works with children should consider taking a look at this web-site link to read all 25 of the manners.

Here is the link:
http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/parenting/25-manners-every-kid-should-know-by-age-9-2480238

And if you haven’t done so already, get a copy of my children’s book, “Building Character.” It teaches children 15 different character traits using pictures of cute animals.

Click here for Building Character book.

No comments:

Post a Comment