Sign-up to get The Building Character -- Activity Book (with Sam and Izzy)

Danny Pettry's Special Offer for Teachers
Danny Pettry Click Here to Access 12 FREE Activity Books and a $5 Off Danny's Book!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

George Baily on Character.

It's a Wonderful Life is one of my all-time favorite movies.

Here is a photo of the T.V. that I had taken on 12/24/10 while watching this movie at my parent's house. It was odd. I had the camera at that moment to take a picture of my brother and his son right when this part of the movie was showing. I just snapped it.

That is one of my favorite parts. George Bailey tells Mr. Potter how it is.



George Bailey: "Just a minute -- just a minute. Now, hold on, Mr. Potter. You're right when you say my father was no businessman. I know that. Why he ever started this cheap, penny-ante Building and Loan, I'll never know. But neither you nor anyone else can say anything against his CHARACTER, because his whole life was - why, in the twenty-five years since he and Uncle Billy started this thing, he never once thought of himself. Isn't that right, Uncle Billy?"

Mr. Bailey had character. He did the right thing. He thought about others. He was fair. He helped people in need. He had a big heart. These were the reasons he started the Building and Loan.

I created Building Character with Sam and Izzy to help teach the same CHARACTER traits.

If you've not done so already -- get a copy of the book. Click the picture of the book here:

No comments:

Post a Comment